Eating During Pregnancy eBook: pregnancy nutrition – how to master healthy eating during pregnancy.
Credible, science backed information on what to eat during pregnancy, so that you can eat to give your baby the best start in life, while taking care of your own body.
In a recent study, 90% of women in early pregnancy (less than 12 weeks) were found to have incorrect knowledge about pregnancy nutrition.
With so much conflicting information available online about pregnancy nutrition, it can be difficult to sift the fact from fiction.
I studied medicine at the University of Cambridge and have over a decade of experience as a paediatric doctor. Additionally I have a PhD in genetics from University College London. I am a Registered Nutritionist with the Association for Nutrition and was commissioned to write the first degree of it’s kind combining culinary, nutrition and health.
As a mother myself, I wrote this book to help other mums-to-be to have easy access to all the information they need, without endless searching on the internet.
If you are searching for credible information, look no further, as my book ‘Eating during pregnancy’ is just for you.
The book is 55 pages of information based on the latest guidance and scientific evidence, with practical tips to help you eat for health during pregnancy. Imagine having the confidence that you are making the best possible choices to feed you and your baby.
By the end of this book you will understand how to:
- Healthy eating during pregnancy
- Gestational Diabetes and practical tips to reduce your blood sugar
- Which supplements you need and those you don’t need to waste your money on
- Which foods to safely enjoy and which to avoid
- Tips for nausea and vomiting
- Tips for constipation
- What are cravings and why do they matter
- Should you choose organic or not
- Can food or drink induce labour?
- Healthy weight gain during pregnancy
- Foetal programming and how what you eat during pregnancy may affect your baby
- Painkillers during pregnancy and why you should avoid them where possible
- Pregnancy meal planner and nutrition checklist
- Gestational diabetes meal planner and nutrition checklist
Foreword by NHS Obstetrician Dr Brooke Vandermolen, @theOBGYNmum.
“Knowing what is safe to eat and drink in pregnancy can be a complete minefield. Women are often given such over-cautious advice from well-meaning health professionals that it can be difficult to understand what you can actually enjoy whilst you are pregnant.
Dr Harriet Holme has written a fantastic, and extremely comprehensive guide for anyone navigating pregnancy. She covers topics that often get confused, by giving up-to-date evidence to clear up myths around nutrition.
I would love all my patients to get a chance to read this guide, which can empower parents-to-be to feel able to make positive choices rather than feeling restricted and misunderstood.”