Three types of data are retained by healthyeatingdr.com
- Clinical Data for service provision
- Financial Data from clients for invoices and fees
- Contact Data from referrals
Physical and electronic records of clinical data for service provision are retained
- Preferred format is electronic data
- Clinical data is deleted when the child turns 18 years old
- are kept for 6 years to allow processing of Financial Data if required
- Contact data cannot be removed before six years, however it can be shared with you to allow for any update or correction of material facts such as spelling of names, addresses, phone numbers etc
- Electronic copies of financial Data are kept for 6 years to adhere to revenue guidelines
- Financial Data (including non-payment of bills) can be given to Irish revenue at revenue’s request
If you require your clinical data deleted or removed, you must send an email to Harriet Holme at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Legal obligation and good practice
Healthy Eating Dr must comply with the provisions of section 2(1)(c) of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. The Acts set out the principle that personal data shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was obtained.
This requirement places a responsibility on Healthy Eating Dr to be clear about the length of time personal data will be kept and the reasons why the information is being retained.
To comply with this rule Healthy Eating Dr must have a policy on retention periods for personal data that is retained.
This policy must include defined retention periods for records and systematic disposal of records within a reasonable period after the retention period expires.
Since 2003, Data Protection legislation applies to both electronic and hard copy records.
Healthy Eating Dr is committed to effective records management retention and disposal to ensure that it:
- meets legal standards in terms of retention periods;
- optimises the use of space;
- minimises the cost of record retention;
- securely destroys outdated records