Every one of us has about 24,000 genes in our genome which affect everything about us. How our body responds to daily life and the environment is all encoded in these genes. Small variations in code alter how each gene functions, and using these ‘small nucleotide polymorphisms’ we can now understand more about your risk of future disease and wellness.
With a PhD in genetics from University College London, I provide a cutting edge nutrigentics service and analysis of the results. This service analyses this variation across your genome, enabling you to understand more about your body. Included in the analysis is a report which details the following areas:
- how your genes can influence your risk for certain health conditions such as Type 2 diabetes and some cancers
- how you process vitamins and whether you might need a higher intake through supplementation
- wellness including sleep, weight predisposition, and lactose intolerance
- if you are a carrier for over 45 health conditions such as cystic fibrosis
- how you are more likely to respond to exercise and types of training
- your genetic ancestry
- and even your traits such as if you prefer sweet or salty
Included are a report of your genetic analysis and a 30 minute consultation to discuss the findings of the report.